Sunday, June 23, 2013

Multi-Strand Bracelet

I've been into wearing bracelets lately, and usually I wear small single-strand bracelets.  These pieces are really easy to throw together, and you can string one onto stretch cord in just a few minutes--no findings and no tools needed!  This time I thought I might experiment with something a little different:




This bracelet was fun to make.  I enjoyed experimenting with beads of different sizes, colors, materials, and opacity.  The final piece ended up with a combination of glass, metal, and semi-precious stones that I have accumulated over the years.  Usually everything I make is matchy-matchy in monochromatic colors, but this time I went with purposefully unmatched beads. 



I used a sterling silver multi-strand clasp and crimp beads to attach the four strands of beads.  It took me about an hour total to put this together.








 

 I love the feel of this bracelet when I wear it.  It has a good weight to it, and the variety of colors mean that it will match a lot of different outfits.  Now I just need to make some matching earrings!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this. Thanks for a great tutorial and lovely pics. I'm a new follower through GFC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I will be sure to visit your blog as well. :)

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJune 24, 2013

    Cute bracelet! Saw your blog on Flamingo Toes!
    ~Kelsy
    http://looseendscraftblog.com

    ReplyDelete